Hook into largemouth bass, spotted bass, white and hybrid striped bass, white crappie and blue and channel catfish. From the boat, shore or dock - enjoy fishing all year on Lewisville Lake. Always be sure to check statewide fishing regulations to determine daily bag and length limits, which can be found by visiting the Texas Park and Wildlife website.
The Colony Public Library has partnered with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s Tackle Loaner Program to bring visitors the opportunity to check out fishing rods and tackle for free. For more details, please read the program information sheet or call the library at 972-625-1900, ext. 2.
NEARBY PUBLIC FISHING
City Parks: (Catch and release only)
- Lions Club Park - 4800 Nash Drive
- Scout Park - 4177 North Colony Boulevard
- BB Owen Softball Complex - 5700 Squires Drive
Lake Parks: (entrance fees apply)
- Stewart Creek Park - 3700 Sparks Road
- Hidden Cove Park and Marina - 20400 Hackberry Creek Park Road
For more information about Freshwater bag and length limits, visit Texas Parks and Wildlife.
Fishing Tips & Strategies
- Catfish - Found near the 'old' Lake Dallas area
- Hybrids - Found in the main lake and around humps and ridges near Hickory Creek
- Largemouth Bass - Found in coves or along the shoreline and around structures - primarily timber
- White Bass - Sometimes referred to as sand bass, found mainly in the open lake during summer and off of points; specific locations better identified by following gulls
- White Crappie - Found in brushy areas and around boat docks, marinas and bridges crossing the arms of the lake
For more information, please visit the Texas Park and Wildlife website.